teoria.com is a web site dedicated to the study and practice of music theory. We are part of the Internet community since January 1997. teoria.com has been developed by José Rodríguez Alvira as a complement for his courses at the Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico.
In 2006 teoria.com received the MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching) Classic Award in music. Some of our exercises and tutorials are part of the first and second edition of the book From Sound To Symbols by Micheal Houlahan and Philip Tacka published by Oxford University Press as well as the book Stradivari by Salvatore Accardo, Luigi Fiorentini, Gabriele Giacomelli and Paola Lenzi published in Italy by Bompiani. Our website is used by conservatories, universities and music schools in North, South America and Europe.
teoria.com is always under development. If you like this project you can help in several ways:
- Become a member of teoria.com. Click here for more information about the benefits of becoming a member.
- Send a contribution using PayPal. Any amount is welcomed.
- If you are a professional musician, we would be glad to consider any article for publication.
- Sending corrections. Any correction is welcomed. Specially English language corrections since our main language is Spanish.
- By visiting teoria.com regularly and telling your friends and fellow musicians about us...